Once she’s missed a period, everything can change – fast. What happens next may be her decision, but most women really care where their guy is coming from.
Here are a few steps to making the best choice for both of you – together.
- Make sure she’s pregnant. Offer to go with her to the appointment.
- Learn about your options. She’s carrying the baby, but suddenly you are both parents. What does that mean?
- Listen to her thoughts & feelings. What excites her? What does she fear?
- Share your thoughts & feelings. If you aren’t sure how to start, say something like “when you told me your period was late, I felt ____, because ____. Now that I’ve had a little time to think about it, & hear what you are saying, I feel ____, because ____.” Consider talking with others who are close to you too.
- Let her know how important she is to you. Don’t pressure her about the pregnancy or check out. Instead, commit to exploring your options together and getting whatever help you need to make your relationship better than ever.
Process what pregnancy means for you & her. Contact us to talk with someone who understands.
Plan Your First Steps
Pregnancy Testing and Ultrasound Confirmation
We can determine how far along you are and if the pregnancy is viable. An ultrasound can help you plan your next steps.
Learn more about the abortion pill, at-home abortions, abortion procedures, pregnancy, adoption, and parenting.
Referrals and Pregnancy Support
Although there have been many changes in Arkansas, there are still resources available to you. Contact us to learn more about how we can help.